Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Holly’s Back – Eureka

Holly’s back…YES!!!  Well kind of.  This week’s episode was interesting.  Aren’t they all though?  I had the feeling in the beginning something wasn’t right.  Jack wasn't freaking out during a disaster.  Anytime something goes wrong in town, one of two Jacks show up.  The serious, someone really might get hurt, caring Jack.  Or the freaking out, screams like a girl at some point Jack.  I didn’t see either.  So, of course it’s a simulation.  Oh, and I read the episode synopsis. 

So another super intelligent learning computer takes preparing for a disaster a little too serious.  It would have been cool to see SARAH play a part in this one.  There could have been a super computer “byte” off.  Back to Eureka.  The simulation computer, laptop actually, starts ramping up the simulations until there is a disaster to overcome.  Disaster averted.  Now back to the Matrix.

Can’t say I blame Fargo for continuing work on the Matrix system.  The only active connection it still has is to Holly.  So we get to see Fargo and Holly reunite.  Holly doesn’t know she’s only alive in this virtual world.  But once she’s finds out, she makes a joke about not having peed in a month.  Always cheery and positive.  That’s why we love Holly.  Felicia Day does an awesome job playing this character.  And she’s just awesome anyway.  Think so?  Check out GeekAndSundry.

The only way Fargo can work on this special project, is with the help of Zane.  Zane creates a mini energy shield to hide their work.  And he takes heat from Jo for keeping a secret.  But, his help shows his compassion.  I think he feels bad for Fargo, knowing he would feel the same way for Jo.

Now last time on Eureka, there was an awkward moment between Jo and Jack(Carter), but Jack was actually Allison.  Confused?  See my last post on Eureka, then you can really get confused.  So, Jo and Allison finally get some face time after a lot of disaster averting.  Though I’m not sure if they really resolved anything.  Jo just accepted things the way they are.  She even toasted Jack and Allison at the diner. I think Jo is sincere and doesn’t mean anything bad in her feelings towards Jack.  There is a circle of really good friends in Eureka, and Jo and Jack are part of that.

In the end, Henry uses Zane's energy shield to protect the town from missiles and the day is saved.  Well, except for Jack’s Jeep.  We need to start a movement, #SaveJacksJeep. 

No comments: