Wednesday, May 23, 2012

DS9 So Far Pt 2

Ok, now that I’ve finished Season One and I’m into Season Two, I’ll revisit my thoughts on DS9. 

I’ll start with Season One.  There was a little character development, but not much.  It was a new story each episode, which isn’t bad.  But, the story arc template seems to be proven now.  Sisko’s character has gotten a lot better.  I really like him now.  And Avery Brooks has found his fit into the character.  There were definitely some bad episodes in Season One.  “Move Along Home”, absolutely dreadful.  It was almost like being tied to a bed and forced to listen to the Spice Girls while having your eyes poked.  Only, I forced myself to do it.  But, the last few episodes were really good.

In a wrap, I see some of the bits and pieces of the stories coming into play later.  I’m getting into it.

Season Two.  It’s starting off strong, a three episode story, not too bad.  Just played out too fast over the three episodes.  I liked some of the characters and wished they were still around.  Finally saw some Klingon action, and the symbiote Dax.  Quark howling after an ear injury, Odo turning into a tripwire to trip the bad guys.

Ok, that’s all I have for now.  I’m still waiting for the big war I’ve been hearing about. 

I’m also still listening the Gamma Quadrant Podcast.  If you’re a DS9 fan, I highly recommend listening.

“Every once in a while, declare peace.  It confuses the hell out of your enemies.” ~Quark

No comments: